Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gah! She's sleeping in her crib

Stupid fucking baby with her stupid fucking need to stand, making me get her out of the cosleeper for when we first put her down and I'm not in there with her.  And while I firmly believe in the power of the pillow barrier to keep my babies safe from taking a header off the bed, Mike is a cautious parent.  Jerk.

It's a nightmare trying to put Evie to sleep in the crib in the same room with Layla jabbering away, singing, and banging toys together.  But there I lay, hugged up against the crib for another hour and a half while she fought the good fight.  But finally, she slept.

Now, the ramifications of this are enormous.  In a nutshell, sex.  In my bed.  That's right folks, I get to give my back, knees and body a break for at least a night.  But the second she wakes up, she will be brought into our bed for the rest of the night.  Cause that's how I roll.  It's bad enough I have to have the image of her in her little baby jail in my head for bedtime.

Stupid cautious parent, Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment