Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Poor Evie

We had such a nice time together over break, it's been a difficult transition for the little one. She was used to having me around most of the time, and now here we are, back to her going 8 hours without mama. Yesterday when I dropped her off, she cried. I expected that, I was prepared for that. What I wasn't prepared for was her to start crying even before I handed her off this morning, or to cry even harder.

Traumatic. For both of us. And so when we had a difficult night last night, I wasn't surprised. She was extra velcroed to me. She kept a firm grip on my hair and took every chance she had to slap me. SURE she played it off like she was sleeping and it wasn't on purpose. But I know what was really going on.

Punishment.

May tonight be a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment