Sunday, November 15, 2009

This is NOT a negotiation

Who am I kidding, EVERYTHING appears to be a negotiation with Layla.

Every meal includes a lengthy discussion of just how many bites of each particular thing she has to consume in order to be excused.
Mike- "Layla, eat 3 bites of broccoli, two bites of chicken, and a bite of bread".
Layla- "I'll eat two bites of broccoli, a bite of chicken and two bites of bread".
Mike- "No, you need two bites of chicken"

And so on, and so forth.

It's a lazy Sunday, so we're lounging around listening to music. I finished my choices and asked Mike what he wanted played.

"My friends tigger and pooh!"

Comes emphatically from the other room.

"Yes, Layla. You can listen to ONE song. You may listen to My Friends Tigger and Pooh."

"Thanks, mama. And Handy Manny".

"And rocket"

No comments:

Post a Comment