Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work it, Layla

Bedtime. The word alone causes anxiety in many parents, I'm sure. Ours tends to be fairly seamless with us both working the girls and tag teaming, but it's still trying at times.

So when Layla started yelling from her bed that she was hungry, it wasn't any big surprise. What was unique to this interaction was the brilliance that she showed.

"Daddy, can I have some pretzels"

Mike: "You may have one pretzel".

"Can I have two pretzels"?

"You may have ONE pretzel Layla, that's it".

"Can I have a pretzel and some crackers".

"LAYLA, one pretzel. You may have one pretzel".

"Daddy, can I have a pretzel and Mr. Polar Bear have some crackers"?

Little weasel.

1 comment:

  1. I got the full on tears and "I'm sad because I am hungry" the other night when I refused to let bedtime become dinner time. I can totally see him trying the snack for the stuffed animal. Heck, he negotiated a snack for the ride to daycare that takes 3.5 minutes.

    Anyway, I really just wanted to say Happy TURKEY day!

    ReplyDelete