Sunday, December 6, 2009

Charming?

Nothing like a kid to make a liar out of you.

It's pretty common for people to say to me "I would LOVE to meet this Layla" after hearing some of the stories that I've shared. And I smile, but know full well that if they ever did get a chance to meet her, she would clam up and be the little, shy, quiet thing and that person would think that I've made everything up.

And so, today while out grocery shopping with Layla and irritated with her for throwing a fit and just being a toddler, she found a way to blow my mind. As I struggled against the desire to throw her in her carseat a little harder than necessary, she turned around to the two grocery store employees loading my car with our purchases and said:

"Wow, you're really good helpers. Thank you".

You little shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment