Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What an odd kid.

Apparently the notion that Layla may need some extra incentive to ever step foot in the doctor's office is completely misguided.  Today while driving to Elba's she asked where we were going.  When I told her, she started whining and told me that she doesn't want to go to Elba's, she wants to go to the doctor.  And she was emphatic about it.

I do think that we'll end up getting her a little doctor kit because she likes me to pretend that I'm listening to her heart with a stethoscope while I'm changing her dressings.  And she deserves something for what she's been through.

The burn on her arm looks great.  Last night while I was cleaning it with the bleach water, a huge chunk of remaining dead skin just sluffed off.  It was disgusting, but the actual wound looks great.   A bit more came off with tonight's cleaning and it's almost totally raw and pink with new skin.  A VERY good sign. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear she's on the mend! A doctor's kit sounds like a great gift for her too.

    ReplyDelete