Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't ask questions that you don't want to know the answer to

Easy enough to remember, right?  Logical, no?  A rule that I'm generally pretty good about abiding by in an effort to avoid unnecessary frustration and anguish.  Except, of course, when it comes to my kids.

What's Layla doing?
What's that smell?
When was the last time she even ATE corn?
Is that baby trying to nurse off the dog?

And today's "who do you think is going to give me that time out?" when she told me that I was bad and was gonna get one, was an obvious trap that I should have easily sidestepped.

"Daddy"

Ugh.  How the hell am I bottom rung on the parenting ladder of power?  Stupid kids.  Perhaps I'll withhold the anti burn while you pee medicine for a bit and watch me climb, climb, and crush that ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment