Tuesday, March 2, 2010

UTI

After weeks of hearing about Layla's bagina hurting, I finally took her to the pediatrician.  Yep, UTI.  I feel horrible about letting it go this long, but she would complain for a few minutes and then we wouldn't hear about it again for days.

I was a little nervous about the trip to the doctor and how she would react because of the burn incident.  I should have known that she'd be fine.  She couldn't WAIT to  show off her burn.  She was a little less excited to learn that her visit was going to include a look at her vagina.  And of course they needed a clean urine sample.  Caught in an itty bitty cup that grown women still have a hard time hitting.  But she did it.  The actual exam was a little worse.  She screamed NO and STOP over and over while I sat trying to open her up a little to show the doctor.  It was horrible.

Anyway, while there we were ready a book that had a bunch of cars in it.  When she pointed to one and asked if that was the Penske car, you could have pushed me over with a feather.  You're a NASCAR fan?  When did that happen?  HOW did that happen?

STOP SMILING, DAD!

I guess it's one of the perks of going to a small daycare that is filled with mostly boys.

The trip was complete when she chose a backhoe sticker.

Good lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment