Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm being outparented.

Right now.  At this very moment.  All I want to do is watch the episode of V that we have saved and Mike sits back on Layla's bed offering comfort to her because her ear hurts.  We're closing in on 20 minutes of him just hanging out with her while she tries to fall asleep.  And 20 minutes of me, impatiently sitting here waiting for him to be done.

Er, I mean, for her to feel better and fall asleep like a good little girl who doesn't hurt and sleeps through the night and wakes up rested.

I hear the loving words being spoken softly to her, and all I can think of is that it's already 10:07 and if we don't start this damn show, I'm gonna be too tired to finish it tonight.

Oh gods.  Now she's whining for me.  Here I go.

I'm gonna fall asleep, trying to snuggle her, I just know it.

Okay, I didn't fall asleep, but the tranquility that I brought didn't last but 3 minutes.  And the beast lives.  It's gonna  be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment