Tuesday, May 11, 2010

8 days

8 days is all that I have left in this school year.  I'm relieved to be done with the daily grind of prepping everything and getting the girls up and out of the house.  I'm excited to see if with some consistency at home and tighter reigns, if we can't get Layla in check a little bit more.  And I'd really like to see Evie get some decent vocabulary.

And I'm terrified.  I don't want to go crazy.  I don't really like either of them very much right now and the thought of spending all day with them is more than a bit frightening.  I know the answer includes getting them out of the house each and every morning, if not to the park, then the zoo, or the library.  Whatever.  Just OUT.  I need for Layla to continue to need a nap so that I can get a break.  And then the afternoons will be a mix of Mike hanging with them while I get some alone time when he gets home from working summer school, or me doing a whole lot of shopping with them.  I'd like to think that the mornings will include long walks like last summer, but I fear that Evie's hair pulling and Layla's need to strike back will make those walks anything but calming.

Yeesh.  Such mixed feelings.  I know the sheer joy that I feel some mornings when I drop them at Elba's.  And I'm pretty sure that just dropping them in the ocean has some legal ramifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment