Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Layla just got the acceptance letter from hell

A few weeks ago I took Layla to the dentist.  This was her second visit and she did great.  I can't remember if I've blogged about this, so forgive me if I'm repeating.

Anyway, they were able to do x-rays and basically she has cavities between all of her front teeth.  That's a lot of cavities for someone who's teeth are brushed by her fanatical father at least once a day AND flossed.  Thoroughly. She is also starting to develop them between her back molars.  So she needs major cavities filled and sealants put on the back teeth.  The dentist recommended that we put her under and do it all at once so that she isn't traumatized.

Today I received the pre-authorization confirmation from the insurance company.  Poor kid.  And since it's going to be a planned absence, it's easier for Mike to take off and let me save my meager portion of sick days for the shit we can't plan for.  I'm a little relieved that I won't have to watch her come out of it, to be honest.

Speaking of coming out of it.  Evie whacked the crap out of her head when I picked her up from Elba's last night.  She tripped and face planted on the cement.  I heard what could only be described as a melon being dropped and honestly thought that she cracked her damn head open.  We watched her closely last night, and it seemed like she had a headache, but was otherwise okay.  She didn't get as big of a bump as I thought she should, so I was a little worried that she was swelling inside, which is never good.  But I concentrated really hard and ignored that option out of existence.   We did wake her up a couple times last night.  I think she'll walk away from this one with just some minor road rash on her forehead.

Then again, I didn't think twice about the scratch Layla gave herself on her cheek and THAT scar is still obvious like a Tijuana whore in the Vatican.

No comments:

Post a Comment