Sunday, August 29, 2010

Raccoon girl

I think that Evie is a normal kid, in that she loves shinny things.

Where she leaves the road of normal and veers a hard right is when she acts like possessed raccoon.

As anyone from my generation can tell you, there is a portion of the book 'Where the Red Fern Grows' where they go into detail about how a raccoon trap works.  I remember that part of the book having an impact on me when I read the book, but never did I imagine that my child would re-enact this scene over and over some 25 years later.  All too often I can glance over at a shrieking Evie, only to find her little fist stuck in a tight space because she refuses to release whatever shiny thing she has in her clutches.

I think I'll start to worry if she is still doing it in 8 years, but for now I'm simply watching her closely for signs of rabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment