Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/11

I keep failing at my attempts to keep my political biases out of this blog.  But I am very sad today with where our country is as we near the anniversary of 9/11.  Very sad.

I simply can't believe that we are forgetting our humanity.  Forgetting our secret handshake and set of standards that we all profess to adhere to and believe in because we are "Americans".

And yet here we are blasting all over the news the images of some fucking nut job in Florida who is going to burn the Qu'ran.  And arguing over whether a Mosque should be "allowed" to be built/expanded in the vicinity of Ground Zero.  Or preparing for a meet and greet with Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin in my state on the date.  Great.

I'm a mother.  My children are not muslim.  But could have been.  There are mothers all over this country and world dealing with the sick reality, day in and day out, that there are those who HATE their children.  HATE their babies because they view god differently than they do.  If I have to hear how we should fear muslims one more time, I'm going to vomit.  No, we should fear terrorist extremists who profess to be muslim.  But we should love those fathers, mothers, children, men, women, grandmothers, grandfathers, friends, and neighbors who happen to be muslim.

No comments:

Post a Comment