Saturday, October 9, 2010

Louis C.K.

There are a handful of things that I pride myself on.  Just a handful.  One of them is the fact that I can make people laugh.  Laughter is a beautiful thing.  Laughter has carried me through some exceptionally difficult times in my life.  Humor has allowed me to be the counselor, wife, friend, and mother, that I am today.

And tonight I realized that my material is all stolen.  Well, all of my good stuff, anyway.  Mike and I were watching an old Louis C.K. standup and realized that all of my funny was coming out of his mouth.  And it was an old show.  While I can stand here and crack jokes about kicking my kid through a plate glass window today, there was video evidence that Louis was doing it years ago.

Okay, so I'm no genius.  I'm far from a humor pioneer.  I'm not the first parent to feel the way that I feel, or find the strength to speak this reality aloud.  Louis did it years ago.  So what does that make me?  A miserable parent who talks shit about her kids and husband.  Nothing less.  Nothing more.  

I bow to you, Louis.

Asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment