Friday, August 21, 2009

I hope you fail

It's always said that parents want their children to have it better than they did. And I believe that to be true in a lot of ways. However, I want my children live life, and learn from it. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I want them to be hurt, scared, wounded, used, challenged, and lost. I want them to have their hearts broken. To be put on the spot and be completely unprepared for something. Embarrassed to the point of tears. Involved in a fight, a real, hand to hand combat, fight. Fail at a variety of things. Be broke. And to feel alone.

But I hope to release my children to experience these things, otherwise known as life, equipped to handle them. With wisdom, patience, strength, assertiveness, and esteem to walk through these challenges and come out the other side a stronger woman. A more empathetic person. And a loving and giving human.

And I hope that they know that I will be there for them, every shaky and awkward step that they take. That while I wouldn't necessarily take the pain away if I could, I will offer my body burial services to them when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment