Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sometimes I wish she didn't listen as well as she does


Dinner was one of the longest lectures that I've ever had to sit through in my life, and I've had to sit through my fair share of them. The difference?

This one was delivered by my 2.5 year old.

It was one thing after another.

"Mama, use your fork so you don't get greasy. See, Layla is using her fork, Daddy is using his fork, and WE'RE not greasy". Back off short stuff, I'm eating drumsticks, I'm not gonna use a fork and knife. A fork and finger work just fine.

"Oh no, Evie. Don't puwter fly at the table, that's yucky. And don't doo doo, that's horrible".

"Daddy, eat your peas, you want chocolate cake, don't you"?

"Evie got doo doo on her shirt, she's going to need a bath. Or maybe a quick rinse".

Enough already. Since I'm looking for control buttons, let's go ahead and add a mute, shall we?

2 comments: