Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm glad that I didn't quit this day

I had a shit morning. Literally. First thing this morning, the dog shit on the floor. Some of it was solid, but sadly, most wasn't. We have white carpet. I despise carpet, it's like a huge petrie dish and is simply impossible to keep from getting gross, even if you can't see the yuck.

Then the turd monkey got up and she was in a mood. In addition to her non morning person disposition, she was grumpy. Mike was busy getting his guitar stuff together, and Evie was fussy. So, ah, not a great start to the day.

Work brought more challenges and I was fuming angry at an issue going on at work when I walked into my office. I was greeted with an email from Mike telling me that the carpet cleaners were coming tonight. Score one for the big guy. I LOVE having our carpets cleaned. Love. It. And it wasn't two minutes later that one of my coworkers came walking into my office with flowers. Obviously she had the wrong office, Mike doesn't send flowers. Hell, I don't really like GETTING flowers. But no, the card clearly said April, and the card was definitely for me:

Your a great mom and wife, and you clean up dog crap like nobody's business.

I love my husband, and he nailed that decision. Pfft, if that doesn't deserve sexual pleasures, I don't know what does.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing out loud for reals at my desk at work about the card with the flowers. Mike rocks.

    ReplyDelete