Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thrift store mama

I LOVE me a good thrift store. Better yet, it makes me giddy to land a thrift store find. I've managed to make thrifting a full blown hobby for myself, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Today I covered Once Upon a Child, 2 Value Villages, and another local thrift store. I didn't make a huge haul, but I did find a great little rocking chair for Layla, and 3 pairs of Gymboree leggings for the girls. You can't beat Gymboree leggings for durability and comfort, but they are freaking expensive and it makes me a little ill to fork out retail for them.

Anyway, this hobby actually suits me well, as I am a bit of a label/brand whore. This is true not just for the girls' clothes, but mine as well. Finding the brands in your size takes time, time you need to be willing to commit in order to make this thing work for you. Mike won't even step foot into thrift stores, he says they smell like poverty. I don't know what poverty smells like, but I guess he could be on to something.

And just like Ebay, the thrill of a good find is a bit intoxicating. Actually, come to think of it, I wonder if they have rehab for thrifting. Not that I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment