Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hiney flu

Evie continues to run a fever and is still sick, sick, sick. She is still as pleasant as can be, but very needy and clearly not feeling well. She is still nursing and it's reassuring to me that she is at least safe from dehydration right now.

I called the pediatrician and also spoke with our school nurse and they both gave the same advice. It's the flu, most likely swine, since it's really the only one going around right now. Keep her hydrated, watch for flat or lethargic affect, worsening cough, and unconsciousness. No shit. Unconsciousness, like I WOULDN'T otherwise be alarmed if I saw that happen. But she's too young for teraflu, and since the flu is viral, there isn't anything that they could do.

So we wait. And keep her home. Which keeps ME home, or my boob, anyway. And provided that it's near the end of the week, I'll probably be out the rest of this week. And next week is jury duty. Pretty soon I simply won't remember where I work. Stupid babies and stupid civic duty.

And stupid swine flu.

3 comments:

  1. Can't you get out of jury duty if you are breastfeeding? Though I suppose jury duty is getting you off of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke with the judge about this, and I will be able to have enough time off every day to go nurse Evie, although since she's eating so much soup at daycare, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue going there everyday. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotcha. Marcus is a soupaholic too. Good thing I have a freezer stash of it.

    ReplyDelete