Thursday, November 5, 2009

Nice Shot


Layla has proven over and over that she has a great sense of humor and is extremely creative. She does a lot of singing, and will make up her own lyrics to tunes that she knows. But the sense of humor piece is kind of a biggie in our house, both Mike and I enjoy a good laugh.

So tonight she was taking a bath and Mike took the scoop full of water that he was using to rinse her hair and threw the water out of it and hit her square in the chest.

"Nice shot, daddy"

Needless to say, I needed a good laugh tonight. I was chosen for grand jury duty. 90 days of service, doing a full week at a time from 8:30 till 4:30, and doing every third week. What that means for me is that I will miss 4 whole weeks of work and have to do jury duty the week after Christmas, while I have break. I tried to plead hardship with the judge because I will have to go nurse Evie during the day, but it sounds like I will be given an hour lunch every day in which I can go do that. It's also going to be a pain in the ass because Mike will have to come to my car, and either switch cars so he has the carseats and can get the girls, or unload both seats into his car, only to be reloaded into my car later that night.

A couple hundred people there, and I get chosen. Of course. Of course I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment