Saturday, February 6, 2010

I want my daddy

There is an internal battle raging in me regarding Layla's tendency to say "I want my daddy" in times of distress or sadness.

On the one hand, I love that Mike has established himself as a nurturing daddy for which my children would call for in times of emotional need.  I think it's great that they have such a relationship that she really and truly needs her daddy over me at times.

But.  Heh.  That selfish part of me that isn't so cerebral doesn't always think this is so great.  Cause it kinda hurts to be passed over when your kid literally looks around you as she tells you that she needs her daddy. 

Oh well.  I'd be on here bitching if he weren't a good daddy and I now I'm bitching cause he is.  Guess I just need to bitch at times. 

On the burn front, Layla has now taken to telling a very animated version of the incident.  This includes her throwing her hands over her head, standing on her tip toes and declaring that she got burned because "the mac and cheese came at me with a big SPWASSSSSS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment