Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lots of laughs

Today was my day to sleep in, so I didn't get up until 10.  As soon as I opened the door, I'm greeted with "Did you wake up dry, mama?  Good job".

Layla is a bit prone to dramatics.  When I was combing her hair she felt the need to shout "Gah! You're killing me.  Be GENTLE, mama".  While in the bathtub, in a strained voice, she told Mike that she had to doo doo.  And then did the gotta shit dance while chanting "ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch" until she was safely placed on the toilet.

We took the cosleeper down tonight.  Evie is now starting the night in her crib and when she wakes up to nurse, we just keep her in bed the rest of the night.  She hasn't laid in the cosleeper for a long time.  It hasn't been safe for her to be in there while we're not in the room, and I always fall asleep while she is nursing during the night so I don't lay her in there when she finishes.  So it was just taking up space.  I'm glad to have it down, but like any of these things, it makes me a bit sad.

Mike isn't sad.  At all.  Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment