Friday, March 12, 2010

What do you mean it's been cancelled?

How the hell do you discontinue Scooby Doo?  I can't find a bakery in town that carries this theme as part of their lazy baker, no skills having, choices.  Have we really become a society where our bakers are limited by what screen shot transparency thingies they have access to?  Lame.  Not to get all nostalgic and shit, but I remember a time when a baker needed counter space to spread their creative joy amongst the young'uns for their celebrations.  Now that took talent.  Now bakers seem to be glorified copier girls who have no real skill, and tonight I suffer because of it.

Why does my gutless kid enjoy Scooby Doo?  Is it the proudly lesbian Velma who is unabashedly wicked smaht?  Or the pretentious Daphne, whom I would like to kick her ass for being such a girly girl?  And then there is Freddie.  Ah, the Ken doll equivalent of the animated world.  What a pussy.  Nah, like any sensible kid, it's the draw of Scooby and Shaggy that keep my little one wide eyed and peeled to the TV while they watch it.  With classics like ZOINKS and groovy, how could you go wrong?  By discontinuing the theme, that's how.

So here I sit with Scooby plates, cups, napkins, noisemakers, hell, even a pinata and no means by which to get a matching cake.  Because it's been discontinued.  And not enough time to ebay a ghetto copy of said theme.  What to do, what to do?

I don't know yet, but I guarantee that it's gonna cost me.  Watch this mama pull a rabbit out of her ass.

1 comment:

  1. No, actually, I think it's a dog you'll have to pull out of your ass. :) Good luck! I'm pretty sure you can make a kick-ass lookalike. You've got all weekend to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete