Friday, April 23, 2010

The great Sam Cooke

Sam Cooke did one of the greatest songs of all time.  Okay, two.  The BEST song of all time is Frankie and Johnny.  But he also did Sad Mood, and I pull that one out from time to time when I'm feeling a little blue.  And today, I'm feeling it.

So, it's my birthday.  I'm 36.  That number doesn't scare me.  It doesn't even depress me.  We have plans for tonight and I'm getting time away from the kids, and I still find myself a bit blue right now. 

Our friend Larry is coming over to watch the girls while we do an early dinner and a movie.  I'm very excited to go out, but also glad that we'll be back in time for bedtime routines and snuggles.  This officially qualifies as the first time ever that the girls have been left with a sitter at our house.  Our parents have both watched one or both while visiting, but we've never left them with a "sitter".  Larry is great with the girls, and has kids of his own.  The girls love him, and he's cheap.  Like, buy me a pizza and I'll watch your kids, cheap.  Love that.

So what, exactly is my problem today?  Could be that I had a shit night.  Evie is sick and teething still, so she was up several times, culminating in her spending an hour in bed with us.  Then Layla pissed the bed and required snuggling at 3:30 in the morning, so I spent the rest of the night in bed with her.  And she sucks to sleep with.  She jimmies herself up so that both knees are digging into my back.  Plus I spend the whole time half waiting to feel the slow soak of urine creeping up to my side.  Could be that.  Could be that my mouth hurts from the dentist yesterday.

I'll come out of it and I'm going to have a great day.  Right now I'm just gonna wallow in self pity for an hour or so.

On a funny note, Layla informed me that I was going to break her bagina when I tried opening her legs while she was sitting on the toilet.  Oh yeah, the whole pee backwards thing is an epic failure.  It hurts her and she won't do it.  Stupid kid with her own stupid mind of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment